• 7.12.15

    18 THINGS LEARNT IN 18 YEARS | MY 18TH BIRTHDAY

    Today I turn 18… and marks the first day of adulthood! Most people say that it’s better to stay young and be carefree, however I’m just really looking forward to what else is to come (minus the bills and stuff!). In all honesty, I feel like I turned 18 years old a loooong time ago, because I’m more mature for my years. In the last 18 years, I’ve learnt so many lessons and here are eighteen lessons learnt in eighteen years!

    1. Laughing Is The Best Cure! – Even On A Bad Day!
    2. Giving Advice Is Much Easier Than Taking It. – But Sometimes Take Your Own Advice.
    3. You’re More Creative Than You Think. – Just Because You Can’t Draw or Act, You Can Still Write.
    4. Vodka Lemonade Is Definitely My Drink of Choice – Then Get Me On The Dancefloor!
    5. Despite What Anyone Says, You Are Good Enough. – Prove Those Who Don’t Believe In You Wrong.
    6. There’s More To Life Than Academia. – Such As Travelling And Experiencing Life!
    7. Driving Isn’t As Easy As Mum Makes It Look.  – Changing Gears, checking mirrors, indicating and steering at once isn’t easy.
    8. It Doesn’t Matter If You’re Not Skinny. – Someone Will Appreciate You For You.
    9. Being Stubborn Isn’t Always A Bad Thing. – It Can Show Perseverance.
    10. Heels May Look Nice, But They’re A B*tch To Walk In! – I’d Never Give Them Up Though!
    11. Tests Aren’t Your Forte. – I’m Much More Practical And Learn Better By Doing Things.
    12. Sometimes Saying “yes” Is The Best Decision! – You Never Know How Many Doors It May Open Up!
    13. People Will F*ck You Over. – Just Walk Away From Them.
    14. It’s Important To Take Time To Get To Know Yourself. – No One Knows You or Understands You Better Than You.
    15. Those Boys You Liked Weren’t Worth The Stress. – Turns Out They’re Just Roadmen With Nothing To Do!
    16. Saving Money Is Really Important! – It’s A Shame I Suck At It.
    17. You Don’t Have To Be Friends With Everyone. -  Your Life Is Likely To Be Better Without Some People.
    18. 90% Of My Stress Is Brought On By Myself. – It’s A Matter of Learning How To Deal With It.


    And voila! I’m now going to go and celebrate!

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Happy 18th Birthday hunn! Vodka lemonade is definitely my drink of choice too x

      Zoe Mountford x

      ReplyDelete
    2. Happy 18th birthday! This post is a lovely way to bookmark the occasion on your blog. I can relate to most of the things you have written here! I am 21 and the amount of lessons I have learned since turning 18 are incredible. My one piece of advice to you would be to cherish every moment and how things exist in that moment. Every thing can change in the blink of an eye. Enjoy having few responsibilities while it lasts!xx

      Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

      ReplyDelete
    3. Happy birthday to you!
      www.rumbii.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx