• 29.12.15

    DECEMBER FAVOURITES


    So, we've almost reached the end of the year which means one thing, December favourites! The final monthly favourites of 2015! I've found that towards the end of the year, my monthly favourites have really diminished, which is kind of sad, but the products that are shown are genuinely loved and tested.

    I have really enjoyed using this on nights out and when I've wanted to highlight under my eyes. The shade that I have is slightly lighter than my skin tone, however not to the point that it looks false and ghoul-like. I love how it's not too thick and in actual fact, it's silicon based, meaning that it doesn't add too much coverage.

    Illamasqua Brow Precision Gel
    Over the past few weeks I've been all over the place with my brows. I started the month with my brows being in dyer need of some threading, to needing a bit of filling in. Throughout all of the ups and downs my eyebrows have faced this month, I've been using one product consistently. The Illamasqua Brow Gel has allowed me to conceal the untamed eyebrows as well as just filling them in, once I had them threaded.

    Over the past 9 months I have been loyal to the Nars Tinted Moisturiser, I literally love everything about it. I recently whipped out the MAC Face and Body foundation and realised why I initially fell in love with it. The last thing I want in a foundation is to feel it sitting on my face, it's such a lightweight product with a natural and dewy finish. My only downfall with this product is that is that I have to powder it more throughout the day than the Nars tinted moisturiser.

    I've never been one to conceal around my eyebrows in the hope that it would create a really sharp brow mainly due to the fact that I've only really seen people use shades five times lighter than their skin tone and quite frankly it scared me. December was the month that I attempted this concealer and brow malarky and I used the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer which is about a shade and a half lighter than my skin tone to conceal around my brows. Much to my surprise, I actually like the way that using this made my brows look, therefore I now not only use this to conceal under eye circles, however also for my brows making it a double whammy.

    Highlighting is all the rage at the moment and I am well and truly on the bandwagon! I have too many highlighters for my own good and I go back and forth between various different highlighters and formulas. Over the past few weeks, I've gone back to my MAC MSF in Global Glow. I love how it's such a beautiful strong, warm toned highlight and it catches the light so beautifully. Because it's warm toned, it means that it goes really well with my skin tone.

    Eye cream is something that I'm not particularly faithful to, despite the fact that I probably should be. Whenever I feel like my skin and in particular my eyes lack hydration, I always whack out an eye cream, this one in particular sinks into the skin really nicely and doesn't take ages to soothe into the skin.

    What have you been enjoying recently?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. The Bobbi Brown concealer is one I've always wanted to try, although I'm usually so pale I have to pick up the lightest shade anyway!

      Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'd definitely recommend it, it's a great all rounder! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx