• 7.12.14

    BIRTHDAY BEAUTY BITS & HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

    Before we officially begin HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! It’s become a little tradition, that every year before my birthday, I buy some new beauty bits (as if I don’t have enough already) so that I can have some new bits for when I celebrate my birthday. I’m not actually celebrating today, but should be after my mocks, which start tomorrow (wish me luck!). But onto the mini beauty haul! 

    I picked up a new Essie nail polish; I buy Essie polishes anyway, but on special occasions such as prom, confirmation and birthdays etc. I like to pick up a new one. I bought Summit of Style as I’ve had my eye on it for a while and it’s a gorgeous festive shade. It’s a beautiful clear polish with different sized gold glitter in it and I already have Set in Stones, which is a pretty silver glitter and I’ve used it so much since purchasing it. I also picked up a classic red polish from the L’Oreal Colour Riche range in Exquisite Scarlett, which looks beautiful and very fitting for this time of year!
    I bought a new MAC lipstick in Sin, which looks very similar to my current Holy Grail lipstick Diva, but a lot more deep and vampy and slightly more matte too. I’ve had my eye on this colour for a while and I was a tad unsure, as it’s so deep and dark, I thought it would be too dark, but I’ve tried it and I absolutely love it and can’t wait to whip this bad boy out on a night out! I also happened to buy a L’Oreal lipstick too in the shade Scarlett Crème, which is a classic red lipstick. I really want to try out a classic red lip but contrary to Sin, I find them to be too light for my skin tone, so I’m going to work with this and try and make it work, ombre lips maybe? I’ve never tried a L’Oreal lipstick as far as I know, so I’m looking forward to giving this one a go.
    The most exciting thing I picked up was the new L’Oreal La Palette Nude in Rose, which is one of L’Oreal’s latest launches. This palette has 10 gorgeous shades in it and I’m always on a hunt for the ultimate palette and I’m so excited to give this one, I even convinced one of my friends to pick it up too…ever the enabler! I’ve never tried any L’Oreal mascaras, although I’ve heard a lot of good things about them predominantly the Volume Million mascara, so I picked up the So Couture Volume Million one to see if I get gorgeous fluttery lashes as Amelia!
    I'm now going to head off and eat my Millie's Cookies cake!

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx