• 31.10.14

    OCTOBER FAVOURITES

    As you can probably tell from the photo above, there haven't been that many new favourites, because I'm still thoroughly enjoying the products that were featured in sat month's monthly favourites which seem to be becoming firm staples in my collection.

    This is supposedly comparable to the Nars Velvet Matte lip pencils. When I first bought it, I thought it would be like your typical lip pencil, but jumbo and drying on the lips. Contrary to my prior thoughts, this is a really nice lip pencil, that can be used to line and colour the lips and it's not drying on the lips either. Berry Much is the only shade in the petit range that I find suits my skin tone.
    I absolutely love highlighters, especially as the whether gets colder because that's when my skin tends to look a little bit more dull, so by using a highlighter, it attracts the light and adds some more dimension to my somewhat dull complexion. The Kevyn Aucoin candlelight product  looks gorgeous on the skin and because it's a cream product it looks a lot more natural. I don't tend to use the contour shade as it's slightly too light and doesn't make that much difference on my skin.
    This is a staple in my makeup collection. I was previously using the Maybelline Mastershape which I did get on well with, but I couldn't be bothered to sharpen a pencil all the time. So I decided to go back to my trustee brow&liner kit. I find it relatively quick and easy to do in the mornings and just has a really natural look.
    I've been opting for the winged eye liner a lot more often, despite giving myself ten minutes to do my entire face in the morning. The fact that it's a felt tip liner, makes it really quick and easy to perfect in the mornings; two swipes and I'm done, literally. I find it so easy to make them appear even without the liner gradually getting thicker. But I can do both eyes in under two minutes...nailed!
    With the whole Ebola commotion occurring, I've been more aware of keeping my hands clean when I'm out and about, for example, if I've just come of a bus or train etc because some people have a tendency to cough into their hand and then touch the poles/handles on transport. I like knowing that my hands are clean and not transferring bacteria. This particular hand sanitiser is overpriced, but has a nice scent and doesn't dry out my hands.
    So there we have it, a fairly streamlined monthly favourites only featuring the ultimate products of the month, I'm currently on holiday, so who knows, what's to come next month!
    What have you been loving this month?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx