• 3.11.14 Dominica

    WHAT'S IN MY HOLIDAY MAKEUP BAG?

    If you follow me on instagram or have read a previous post about my Goodies from Gatwick, you’ll know that I’m currently on holiday. Whilst I was packing, I had the tedious task of streamlining the amount of makeup I brought with me. I limited myself to fitting it all into my Kurt Geiger Cosmetics Pouch (minus brushes) and therefore only bringing a relatively calculated amount.

    It was a no brainer that I needed to take a primer with me, as I use primers in London all the time and therefore going to a hot country it was definitely needed, therefore I took my trustee Maybelline Fit Me Primer. For foundation, I decided that it would make sense to take two; one for my pre-tan colour, in the form of the Maybelline Fit Me foundation and my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation for my tanned colour as it’s slightly too dark for my normal skin tone. I didn’t bring a concealer hence why I bought a concealer at the airport. I didn’t bring a blusher, as I probably wouldn’t use it out here but I did bring a highlight and contour; the highlight being the Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow Duo and the latter bring the Sleek Face Form Kit. I brought the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder to eliminate any shine on le visage. 
    With regards to the eyes, I kept it pretty basic in my opinion only bring the Urban Decay Primer Potion which is a lifesaver and the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze for those days when I don’t want to anything too fussy. I also brought the MUA Undress Me Too palette as it hasn’t received that much love lately despite it being a brilliant palette of good quality at such a great price. I’m all about the winged eyeliner, even on holiday so I packed the one and only Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner. For mascara, I have the Maybelline The Rocket and the Rimmel Wonder’Full mascara, just to see if I can get on with it.
    Lips! I only have one lipstick and it’s a moisturizing one at that, so I don’t have to fath about with lip liners and whatnot. I did bring a lip lacquer so that I don’t have to worry about topping up any lip product on a regular basis; this comes in the form of the Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet. Since I’m enjoying the Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencil, I cheekily popped it in there. I do have other lip products such as my Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm but there in my other bags.
    What are some of your top makeup items when going on holiday?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx