• 7.11.14 Dominica

    STREAMLINED SKINCARE SETUP


    If you read my previous post about what’s in my holiday makeup bag or follow me on instagram, you’ll know that I am currently on holiday in the Caribbean. I didn’t want to bring too much in the makeup department and I wanted to keep my skincare streamlined and to a minimum too. I knew I wouldn’t be doing any skincare routines and rituals such as facemasks.

    I brought some of the Seaweed range from The Body Shop to exfoliate, cleanse and tone my face. The seaweed ingredient makes it really refreshing on the face and really rejuvenates and wakes me up in the morning. All of the aforementioned are some of the steps in both my morning and evening routine that cannot be forgotten about.
    I brought the Nivea Double Effect Makeup Remover for when I need to remove my makeup. I usually use Bioderma or the L’Oreal Micellar Solution but I wanted to try something new and see how well I like I like it. It reminds me of the Sephora Makeup Remover that finished before my trip and the Clarins one in the sense that they have oil that separates the two products. I dug out my mini La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo because I didn’t want to unnecessarily bring my big one, as I knew I wouldn’t use it that much. 
    My Holy Grail skincare product, the Nivea Regenerating Night Cream had to come with me because my skin is quite dry and dehydrated and this is the only product I’ve found that somewhat helps with this problem. I had to bring my Aesop Rinse free Resurrection Hand Wash because it has to come with me everywhere so that I can keep my hands clean.
    Now onto SPF! SPF is of course an essential as it obviously prevents from burning and skin damage, which can lead to cancer. For my face, I packed the Simple Protecting Moisture Cream*because it’s UVA and UVB protective with an SPF 30. For the body I brought the Garnier Ambre Solaire Protection Lotion SPF 30.
    What are your favourite skincare products to take when you’re away?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx