• 10.11.14

    MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO REVISITED

    Every now and again, reviews may need to be updated due to a change of opinion about a product or as a reinstatement. Those of you who are avid readers of my blog will know that I bang on and on about the Maybelline Colour Tattoos and they are constantly making reappearances on both my new and original blog. Since writing my initial review of this product, I’ve had a new addition to the collection.

    The eyeshadows are lovely cream shadows which are easy to blend and buff into the eye, when used with a synthetic brush. If you don’t have oily eyelids, then these are perfect to use as a base for other eyeshadows as they are incredibly long lasting. They are very versatile in the sense that you can wear them on their own or in addition to other eyeshadows.

    I currently have four eyeshadows out of the collection, and I’m pretty content with the shades that I have. On & On Bronze is a pretty bronze eyeshadow, which is perfect for everyday use. Permanent Taupe is a muted mauve matte eyeshadow, great for using with purple eyeshadows. Eternal Gold is a beautiful pure gold. Metallic Pomegranate is a lovely purple with golden shimmer. 

    There are so many ways to wear these shadows and for alternative looks, I like to change it every now and again. The first look is just having the eyeshadow on the lids with shedloads or mascara. Another way the same as the first way but having a winged eye to make it a little bit more put together. The final way is to use it in a smokey or gradient eye. 

    I can honestly say that these are some of my absolute holy grail items and it’s also worth mentioning that I’ve just hit pan (or pot) in On & On Bronze because I love it that much, and I don’t tend to hit pan on a lot of my products. Have you tried these before? What’s your favourite colour?

    @charlottechristmasx