• 7.10.14

    SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES

    September has been a pretty good month with regards to beauty bits, I've accumulated quite  a few goodies in my ever growing stash and this month I've been loving a few new things, a holy grail item and a repurchase, what's better? I'm quite excited to share with you what I've been loving this month as there's a couple things that I'm slightly obsessed with!

     I already own the Maybelline Fit Me powder and concealer and I thought it was time that I tried the foundation which I havent heard much about so I really didn't know what to expect however I really do like this foundation, it's great for everyday use as it's really natural and dewy on the skin, it's considerably similar to the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. 
    I've been alternating between this foundation and the Maybelline foundation, but both are quite unique in their own ways. This foundation is great for everyday use as well because it's not dewy or matte, and has a nice velvety finish. It lasts all day and only needs to be powdered a few times throughout the day and it has a tendency to look nice after a long day out without going patchy in certain places.
    On the whole, Maybelline mascaras are pretty good and I picked up this one after I was extremely disappointed in the new Rimmel Wonder'Full mascara. The Maybelline the Rocket mascara which is great at both volumising and lengthening the lashes without leaving any clumps. This mascara really holds a curl too and is great for any occasion for both day and night.
     The Maybelline Colour Tattoo will always be one if my holy grail products, I love how versatile it is as it can be worn on its own with whoppings of mascara; incorporated into a smokey eye or as a base. This month I've been using On&On Bronze with a nice winged liner as it's so quick and easy but effective.
     I've recently been reunited with my favourite powder of all time having been separated for a while and I remember why I loved it so much. Despite it being a pressed powder, it's very finely milled and looks very natural on the face without adding any extra coverage. Unlike the Stay Matte powder, it doesn't make my face look ashy either which is a huge plus. And the price is on point.!
    At a first glance, this palette would appear to be very bright and bold, however minus the two vibrant pinks/purples, it's a relatively neutral palette. I have mainly been using the more neutral colours which make for a really nice and natural smokey eye. There is a great colour range and the colours are very pigmented. Believe it or not, I've actually been using the corresponding brush, which has served it's purpose and in all honesty is pretty good.
    I've been going towards one of Maybelline latest lip launches in Raspberry Rhapsody which is a gorgeous pink and purple hybrid. It just adds a nice touch of colour to the lips without being overpowering. Although it's extremely glossy, it has a really nice formula which compliments the lip colour and I have just been patting the lips with my finger to diminish some of the gloss.
    What were you loving in September?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx