• 28.10.14

    GOODIES FROM GATWICK

    Going on holiday means one thing…duty free! So of course being an avid beauty lover, I had to pop into World Duty Free and pick up a few goodies. If I’m honest, I thought I would pick up more but in all honesty, I was a bit overwhelmed, which resulted in two separate trips. Nevertheless, I’m really pleased with everything that I picked up as I would have bought them all anyway.

    I purposely left all of my fragrances at home as I KNEW THAT I would end up buying one at the airport. Jo Malone is one of my favourties for scents for both the person and the home. I love the array of scents on offer and the Peony & Blush Suede was one of their latest launches and is most definitely a beautiful one.
    Ever since seeing Shirley and Michelle (the queen of highlight) mentioned this product, I knew I had to get it. I’ve already got Gold Deposit which is slightly too gold and so I’ve always had my eye on Soft & Gentle, however when I swatched it, was slightly too light for me so I remembered Global Glow.
    I left my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer at home as it was running dangerously low to the point where there was no point in bringing it.  I was just going to repurchase the Maybelline Concealer but they didn’t have it in stock at Boots. I picked up the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer kit as it’s perfect for travelling with, light and compact with a setting powder.
    Whenever I apply concealer to my ghastly under eye circles, it still doesn’t fully conceal them and I’ve wanted the Bobbi Brown Corrector for quite some time, I’ve just never had the time to get colour matched and so forth. Alix from I Covet Thee absolutely loves this product and I fully trust her judgment, therefore, although this was an impromptu purchase, I’m still rather pleased with it.
    I also ended up purchasing a new lens for my DSLR camera as I’ve wanted it for some time and especially for this particular trip, I just hadn’t got round to buying it. When I saw the Canon 50mm lens (£74 RRP £80)in Dixons I literally lit up as it meant that I would be able to use it not only for my trip but also for when I get home to take some photos for my blog.
    I also popped into Boots for a mascara because my current favourite mascara that I brought with me was running out and despite bringing others with me, I really just wanted the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (£7.99) as I know I like that mascara. I also picked up the Soap & Glory Brow Archery (£8) as I’ve wanted to try it for a while but it never seems to be in stock, whether it be in store or online.
    What have you picked up lately?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx