• 25.10.14

    5 THINGS ABOUT THE YSL TOUCHE ECLAT

    Until recently, it dawned on me that I have never properly reviewed one of my all time favourite products which I bought in late november last year and I've only touched upon it here and there. So a review is well and truly overdue, however sometimes it's nice to wait for the hype to die down a little bit. The YSL Touche Eclat foundation is a favourite in the bloggersphere and I've only ever seen one or two negative reviews. Anywho, I think that a flawless base is essential for a beautiful end result. Your eye makeup can look top notch but if your base isn't on point, then it somehow doesn't look complete!
    01. The coverage is beautiful! It has a nice light but buildable coverage which eliminates most of the redness and minor blemishes. The finish is really lovely and dewy giving a really natural glow.

    02. As with all YSL makeup, the packaging of their beauty products are to die for and more or less faultless! The dainty embossed gold packaging and the gold italic writing is beautiful! 

    03. A huge selling point for me is the range of shades they have available. A whooping 17 shades, I kid you not! With different shades for pale, medium and dark skin. I've found that even high end makeup brands sometimes exclude those with certain skin tones but with the touche eclat, even those with the  palest and darkest skin skintone can find a shade to match too!

    04. The only fault I have with this foundation is that it has a tendency to break me out like there's no tomorrow, so I have to put on a light layer of foundation/bb cream to combat this little problem.

    05. I've found that the best way for me to use this is to pop on a bb cream/light coverage foundation and buff it in and then apply the touche eclat either use fingers or a Real Techniques Buffing brush to really work it into the skin. I tend to put concealer on afterwards.


    Have you tried this foundation? What do you think?

    @charlottechristmasx