• 6.4.14

    BARRY M SS14 NAIL POLISHES | HUCKLEBURRY & ROSE HIP

    I’ve heard a lot about the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nail polishes and when they were first launched, I was meaning to pick up a few of them, however it slipped my mind and until recently, I didn’t picked up any shades. When I was in Boots recently, I found myself at the Barry M stand eyeing up their new nail polishes for SS14. I’m not normally one for pastels as I believe they look best on paler skin tones or with a tan, and I thought my skin tone was too deep for pastels, but despite my prejudgment, I bought a couple anyway since they were on offer at 2 for £8.

    I’m not a newbie to Barry M polishes as I already own some from the original range, so I knew more or less what to expect. With regards to the Gelly range, there is a lovely variety of colours to choose from, ranging from pinks all the way to greens. I chose the newly launched pastel shades; Huckleburry (a lovely pale blue) and Rose Hip (a pretty pale pink) which I thought would be good to try out.

    I thought I’d try the nail polish that I was the most skeptical about; Huckleburry. In all honesty, I found the formula extremely difficult to work with. The consistency of these nail polishes are very runny which isn't made easier with the brush which is very thin as I’m more accustom of using wider brushes which can coat the entire nail with two easy strokes. Unfortunately, I don’t get the professional finish that I like as the distribution of product is harder; having said that the finish is very glossy with no need for a top coat as it already has the glossy and gel-like finish.

    I would recommend this product if you'd like a product with a glossy finish and a nice range of colours to choose from; however if you're looking for a quick and easy application, then I personally wouldn't. I'm not sure as to whether I would repurchase this range again, but I do like the original and I'm intrigued about the other finishes on offer.

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx