• 27.4.14

    MONTHLY FAVOURITES | APRIL


    April went extremely fast for me, probably due to the fact that I was off for two weeks studying however, I still did my fair bit of shopping and 3for2 and online shopping was not a good idea since I bought a stupid amount, but I’m fine with that. Spring has officially sprung and I’m really looking forward for the warmer months to come.
    Maybelline Fit Me Concealer | Shade 30 | £5.99
    When I first saw that there was finally my shade in the drugstore, I could’ve screamed I was so happy. This concealer is the perfect shade for my skin tones and conceals my under eye and other problematic areas amazingly, providing me with an effortlessly flawless base.

    Maybelline Colour Whisper Lipstick | Rose of Attraction | $7.99 | Review
    When I first got a few of these from the states, my favourite was Berry Ready which was perfect for that time of year (Autumn/Winter) however leading up to the warmer months, I thought it would be good if I went slightly lighter and more brighter on the lips however not too daring. Rose of attraction is a pretty mauve pink with pretty shimmer running through it. It’s so moisturising on the lips and nice and petit to put in my handbag.

    Gucci Guilty EDT* | £48.95
    It’s become a regular occurrence of incorporating fragrance into my monthly faves. Despite being a female, I sometimes think that men’s fragrances can outdo those marketed for women. This one in particular is a really sweet fragrance with hint of muskiness. I’ve been wearing this more than any of my other fragrances.

    Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm | £9.50
    I’ve heard a lot of good things about this lip balm from various other beauty bloggers and I finally bought it as I’m always on the lookout for a good lip balm. I love how this consistency is, guaranteed to keep your lips hydrated throughout the day. I actually really like the frosted pot and the satisfying sound it makes when you open/close it. The scent is really nice too, that of honey.

    Maybelline Brow Drama | Dark Blonde | £4.99
    Despite the fact that this product is without a doubt the wrong shade for my ridiculously dark eyebrows, I’ve been wearing this almost everyday even when I’m not wearing makeup as it is one of the few products that really keep my brows in place throughout the entire day. The dramatic difference of the product and my brows is not noticeable and the tint slightly lightens my brows (in a good way).

    Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge | £5.99
    This was bought on an impulsive purchase having heard a little bit about it. I’ve never tried the official beauty blender so, but I love all Real Techniques products so I was more than happy to give this a go. At first, I really didn’t understand why people loved it as I felt like it was taking too long and a brush good give the same finish in a quicker amount of time. Having watched Beauty and The Blogs everyday makeup video, I then understood how it should be used; damp. I still don’t use it for applying foundation; however it’s amazing for blending in concealer and finishing off the base routine. When I used it for the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, I got complimented on how “airbrushed” my skin looked. From then on, it was a winner in my books.

    Maybelline Fit Me Powder | 355 Coconut | £5.99
    Having enjoyed the concealer so much, I thought I’d buy the powder and foundation to accompany it (they were sold out of the foundation, so I just got the powder). I only use this powder for setting the concealer under my eyes unless I’m out and need a light dusting as it’s ever so slightly too dark for rest of my face. It keeps my concealer in place all day.

    Barry M Hi Shine Gelly Nail Polishes | Rose Hip & Huckleburry | £4.99 | Review
    Throughout the month, I’ve mainly been alternating between these two polishes more than anything else. I’m really shocked that I like these as I’m more into my deep reds and berry shades, but this adds a nice pop of colour and brightness to my nails and lasts considerably long on the nails without chipping. The glossy finish is lovely and there’s no need for a top coat.


    What have you been enjoying this month?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx