• 24.7.16

    IF YOU BUY ONE THING THIS MONTH: BOBBI BROWN HIGHLIGHTER

    It’s no secret that I love a good highlighter. There’s nothing better than glowing to the gods! A few months back, I got my hands on the Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder, which oddly enough, I had heard absolutely nothing about. Anyway, ever since I got this highlighter, I have been wearing it non-stop and it has quickly made it’s way to being my absolute favourite highlighter out of all of those  I have tried and I’ve never been complimented on anything so much, than I have with this highlighter!

    THE PRODUCT: The shade I have is Bronze Glow and is a stunning bronze shade with a hint of gold. There is another shade called Pink Glow, which is obviously a more pinky highlight, and is more suitable for paler skin tones. These highlighting powders are incredibly pigmented and if you only want a subtle highlight, you can apply the product with a light hand. As you can decide on how intense you want the highlight to appear, it’s versatile in the sense that you can wear it for both day and night and for various occasions.

    THE PACKAGING: Although the packaging looks really nice and sophisticated with the shiny black packaging, large mirror and the Bobbi Brown Logo, the overall aesthetic is stunning, however when you actually feel the product it’s very lightweight plastic and almost cheap feeling. I know that when it comes to makeup, the packaging isn’t what matters, but when you are purchasing a high end product you not only want it to feel weighty, but you also want to know the product inside is protected if it happens to fall. 

    HOW I USE: I like to use this product with the Real Techniques Contour Brush and apply the highlighter to the tops of my cheeks, above and below the brow bone and on the tip of my nose. For a night out and a more intense look, I use MAC Fix+ to wet my brush and increase the intensity. I may even choose to apply a bit on my cupids bow for an overall glowing look.

    THE PRICE: This beautiful highlighter so happens to come at a not-so-beautiful price of £34, but despite this, I honestly think it is so worth it!

    What’s your favourite highlighter? Have you tried this number from Bobbi Brown?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx