• 4.7.16

    FOR THE CREASE

    My go-to eye makeup look lately has been a simple cream eyeshadow on the base with a warm toned shade in the crease. It makes the eye look more defined, yet still gives a nice neutral, everyday eye look that can be amped up to look more intense for the evenings and nights out.

    THE CREASE: My two favourite eyeshadows for the crease, both happen to come from MAC as the pigmentation and shade range is pretty good. The first eyeshadow is Brown Script, which I like to use when I want something warm tone and less harsh than a black in the crease. The other shade is Brun is a simple mid tone matte brown, which I use when I want something a little more intense and then I blend it out for a more seamless finish.

    BASE: For the base, I like to apply more neutral shades to the lid. The Kevyn Aucoin Single Eyeshadow in Light Bone is a nice off white matte eyeshadow with a yellow undertone and this would work perfectly with a variety of skin tones. For a hint of shimmer, the Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Moonflower is nice as it’s a white eyeshadow with a shimmery tint, however being white, it is quite a bit more intense. The Revlon Shadowlinks Eyeshadow in Oyster is somewhat a hybrid of the two prior eyeshadows as it’s an ivory eyeshadow with a subtler eyeshadow. My absolute go-to eyeshadow for this look is Wedge from MAC. This is a lovely beige eyeshadow and doesn’t add too much colour on the lids and along with brun it looks absolutely stunning!

    BRUSHES: The brushes that I have found perfect for the job is the Zoeva Luxe Petite Crease brush as it not only applies the product nicely, but it blends it at the same time as it isn’t incredibly dense and being tapered, it applies the product directly in the socket and the shorter bristles helps to blend it. For a more defined eye, I like using the Models Own Blending Brush, which is extremely dense and deposits more product where I want it. To complete this eye look, I use the Zoeva Luxe Classic Shader brush to pack on eyeshadow onto the lids and this brush is great for applying more product.
                                                                                                                                           
    FINISH: To finish off my makeup look, I sometimes like to whack on a strong, wing liner to pull the look together. I usually do this for nights out as I find it’s more appropriate. I use the Collection Extreme Felt Tip Liner to give me a nice strong wing with medium thickness. For the most part, I always put on lashings of the Maybelline The Rocket as it gives me such long and volumised looking eyelashes. For a more dramatic look, I pop on my favourite Red Cherry lashes to finish my eye look off and I try and perfect my face makeup too for an overall defined look.


    What’s your favourite eye makeup look?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. This sounds like such a quick and easy yet gorgeous eyeshadow look! I'm still yet to try any Zoeva brushes but they look stunning, I definitely want to purchase the rose gold set!!

      Toni x
      www.clarkecouture.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You should definitely try them if you get a chance to! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx