• 16.3.16

    LIGHT BASES FOR SPRING


    When it comes to spring and the warmer months, I like to ease off on the base front. I love a natural base and something that I know won't irritate me or sweat off. Over the past few months, I've really been obsessed with base products and in particular in trying to achieve a naturally, flawless base (if that even exists). I've compiled my go-to light bases which I think are most definitely spring appropriate!

    If you're an avid reader of my blog, you've most likely seen me talk about this product for the majority of last year's posts. It's definitely one of my favourite bases and being a tinted moisturiser means that I get the hydration from a skincare product with the makeup element and coverage. One of the factors about this product that I love is that it gives a really natural finish whilst making your skin look a lot more perfected. This too has many shades to choose from so there'll most likely be a shade for you. Not to mention the sophisticated black packaging. 

    This foundation is perfect for spring as it has a really nice light and dewy finish. I don't find that it clings to any dry areas, but even when I'm having a bad skin day (or week in some cases) I can just apply a bit more in the areas I need it as its a nice buildable foundation and doesn't look cakey. Obviously being from MAC there's an array of different shades to suit any skin tone as well as two sizes to choose from. I also like to mix this with other foundations to change the consistency or to alter the shade. So it's a great all rounder base.

    I love using this product as my base when I want a 'no makeup makeup' look. It's my go to when I don't want to show my bare face, but don't want anything heavy either. It's a weird product in he sense that it comes out as a grey product, however it then adapts to your skin tone. The finish of this is extremely light and dewy but gives a nice healthy glow to the face. The shade range of this is very limited and concise, however I've found that one of the newer shades (4) is a great match for me, especially with my darker skin tone. Being from the drugstore means it's nice and affordable and won't break the bank!

    Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation
    I've not really spoken about this foundation on my blog as it's somewhat the underdog. It's very similar to the MAC Face and Body foundation. It's also a lovely light coverage product with a nice build able aspect about it. I also like to use this to change the shade or coverage of another foundation. It has a nice abnormal, squeeze tube and is also a travel friendly, versatile product!

    What are your favourite bases for spring?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I loveeee Illamasqua products, but haven't tried their foundation yet so I might give it a go! :) You have such a lovely blog, and thanks for visiting mine! xx

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx