• 29.5.15

    I LOVE THIS LIP PENCIL BERRY MUCH

    I haven’t really dabbled that much with jumbo lip pencils. I was going to purchase one from NARS, but I didn’t see a shade that I thought would go well with my skin tone. However when I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, I spotted that Kate from Gh0stParties had picked up Maybelline’s new launch of the Lip Velvet Pencil, I actually went out the next day to see what shades they had on offer.

    There are four shades in total; a nude, a pink, a red and a deep plummy shade. I’m not into pale shades as I’ll look ill with them on and although the red was a beautiful postbox red, it wasn’t for me which left the gorgeous plummy shade called Berry Much (there wasn’t a typo error in the title) that I happen to love very much. I initially thought the lip pencil would be very drying on the lips because I thought it was just a big version of a lip pencil and some can be quite drying, but on the contrary because although this lip pencil is purely matte, it doesn’t dry the lips out. I like how I don’t have to use a lip liner with it, which is highly convenient. I used this en route after work when I was going to a party and didn’t have time to redo my makeup and it was so quick and easy to apply. I think that the two darker colours work really well in turning an everyday makeup look into an evening look. It’s so small and dinky that it’s easy to throw into your handbag if you ever want to spruce up your makeup look.


    Have you tried these? What do you think?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx