• 2.1.14

    NEW YEAR NEW HIGLIGHT | PETALE DE GLACE

    I'm all for a good highlight, and I have quite a few in my makeup stash; however in my recent beauty haul, you may have noticed that I bought the new Bourjois Cream eyeshadow in Petale De GlacĆ©, which is a champagne shade which makes for a very pretty highlight. I already own a cream highlighter from Rimmel, however it's more of a mousse texture, rather than a cream/powder texture. 

    First impressions of the eyeshadows displayed in Boots, were that they looked dried out, more so than the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, however that's probably due to the constant exposure to the air. The colour range isn't the largest, however there's definitely a colour for everyone, and there is even a subtle navy and green in there too as well as neutrals that I cannot get enough of (you can never have too many neutral shades). When I got my own new, unopened eyeshadow and swatched it, I noticed that it feels like butter; very light in consistency and very easily blendable too.

    As there are only a couple/few neutral shades, I thought I'd go for this one as it seemed slightly lighter than the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' (I know there are a lot of comparisons to these but hey ho!) and so I thought it would be great as an all over the lid colour. However I soon came to the conclusion that it looks better on those with a fair skin tone, rather than someone with a similar skin tone to me, but I'm definitely going to pick up more gold toned shades because you can't beat a good old gold!

    As you may be able to guess from the title, I use this eyeshadow to highlight as it's a lovely shimmery champagne shade which has a light formula and is very blendable and easy to work with. When highlighting I love to use this to on my brow bone and even the inner corner if I'm feeling adventurous! Overall, I really like this eyeshadow as it has such a lovely buttery consistency and there are a few shades which I have my beady eyes on!

    Have you tried any of these shadows?
    YOUTUBE | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | INSTAGRAM

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink rose, it looks like it's a tan color although it comes out as a pretty pink color alike it's title name. Gel eye-shadow's are my favorite as long as they aren't dry! Bea Xo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll definitely check that out next time x

        Delete
    2. That looks so beautiful! I've never tried them before.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I have this, it's such a beautiful shade! I really love the formula too, and want to get the green one next! xx

      Gem // missmakeupmagpie.com

      P.S Happy New Year!!! xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm thinking the purple and gold shades next.

        Happy New Year to you too x

        Delete
    4. I am so lagging behind - I have never tried anything other than an ordinary eyeshadow, so would love to give this a go. Happy New Year!
      www.minsbeautyequipment.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wonderful color...I like your blog.^^
      Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
      Let me know follow you then back.
      Lovely greets Nessa

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx