• 5.1.14

    MAC MINERALISE SKIN FINISH | GOLD DEPOSIT

    When it comes to MAC products, I’ve probably dabbled most in their eyeshadows, however a while ago I finally took the plunge and got one of the Mineralise Skin Finishes in Gold Deposit. Who knows, maybe this year, I’ll dive into some other products. With regards to the Mineralise Skin Finishes, most people opt for the shade in Soft and Gentle, but I decided to be a bit different as I thought this would go better with my skin tone, however, I think Soft and Gentle will be my next pick of the MSFs.

    My first thoughts on this product as a newbie were that it was rather shimmery and in all honesty, I did not know how I was going to work with a product, this shimmery. As a result of this, I thought the best way I could get my money’s use out of this, was to use it as an eyeshadow. Gold Deposit is a pretty baked copper tone shade with lots of finely milled copper shimmer.

    I must admit, this worked a treat as an eyeshadow, especially on a night out when I want a lovely smokey eye as it brightens up any eye look drawing drawing attention and extra dimension. This was all well and good, however I wanted this product to serve it's purpose and I wanted to know why so many people love this product, so I thought I'd give it another go using it how it's supposed to be used...as a highlight. 

    I tried it again, when I went out for dinner one evening as that's the time when everything can be somewhat more daring. This is a very pigmented product so the best way to get a reasonably subtle highlight, is by using a sparse brush such as the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face brush or a No7 Powder brush. I would definitely repurchase this product, but perhaps in another shade.

    Do you have an recommendations for anything in MAC? 

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Macs creme cup lipstick has always been a favourite of mine such a gorgeous colour x
      Pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've never tried anything from mac! :( I've been deprived I think.. I have a wishlist though!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Beautiful shade, but I definatly wouldn't be daring enough to try it out! :P
      Ellie,xx
      Elephant stories and more

      ReplyDelete
    4. I haven't tried any MAC eyeshadows yet but I have MSF in Perfectly Poised which is a LE.
      My favourite product from MAC has to be their Studio Fix powder, Studio Sculpt foundation and their paint pot.

      Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Giveaway.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm definitely going to check out the paint pots! x

        Delete
    5. Just bought my first MAC product a couple weeks ago! The Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel - was originally looking at Benefit's Watt's Up but bought the drops on a whim instead :) You don't need much and they look nice in pictures and stuff! Might try the Sun Rush next time even - it's more the price that gets me haha but they're products all seem really nice! Your highlighter included!

      cachoojoo.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, the price can be quite off putting x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx