• 27.1.14

    MY FOUNDATION FIX | ROUTINE & REVIEW

    Ever since purchasing the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation, it has become a staple in my makeup collection; however after a few wears of it, I found that it completely broke me out. As you can imagine, I was rather annoyed as it meant that I was completely restricted as it meant that I couldn't wear my favourite foundation without coming out in horrible spots a few hours later after I'd worn it. I've never been completely happy with my foundation routine until I rediscovered another product which completely solved the 'foundation breakout' problem which I'm relieved about as it now means that I can continue to wear my staple foundation.

    Whenever I wear foundation, I always apply a primer beforehand as I have normal-combination skin and a good primer ensures that my foundation is going to have a nice even base to cling to that will also keep the longevity of my foundation, especially if I know I'm going to be in Central London all day or to dinner as it means that I don't have to powder my face during the day/evening.

    Like I previously said, I always use a primer when wearing foundation, and I'm currently using the Bourjois Luminous Serum Primer; I apply this to the key points of my face (cheeks, forehead, nose and chin) and then carefully rub it in so that it doesn't leave a residue on my skin as that can make my foundation slide off. I then use the Revlon Beyond Natural foundation which is a very light foundation, which acts as a tinted moisturiser which creates a nice barrier for the next step which is my YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation which I apply with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush as it is so soft and very dense on the face, however it's small enough to blend out any concealer under the eye as well as around the nose. It's also great for blending into the jawline too as it just adjusts perfectly to the desired area.

    Boujois Luminous Serum Primer: I've found this primer works a treat for prolonging the flawless look of your foundation. It doesn't leave an unwanted residue on the face when it has been blended in properly. It's great for travelling too because it's so small and dinky, you can just throw it in your makeup bag and you're good!

    Revlon Beyond Natural Foundation (alternative): I've never worn this foundation alone, and as a result of that has seemed to accumulate it's way to the bottom of my makeup stash. I honestly don't know what prompted me to try this as another base but it works a treat. On it's own it is a very lightweight foundation of a clay colour with small pigments in it which burst when the foundation is fully blended in. Unfortunately this foundation is discontinued, however the Revlon Nearly Naked seems to be a good match.

    YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation: I love everything about this foundation; the shade range is nicely varied. I think this is an important factor as there's no point in having a great foundation with a very limited range of shades. The undertone matches mine completely, it's a nice honey esc tone. The coverage is a medium-high coverage however it doesn't look like there's a lot of makeup on the skin, however it conceals most imperfections, for example scars without the need of concealer. The only flaw I have with this foundation is the fact that it breaks me out like there's no tomorrow, however I've found something that rectifies that.

    What's your staple foundation?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Heard lots of good things about the YSL one, I fear a shopping trip :) xx
      http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. There's nothing wrong with a good shopping trip x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx