• 8.12.13

    My Birthday Makeup

    As some of you may know, it was my birthday yesterday and I had such a good day/night. I spent the day playing around with my new toy and pampering myself for the night of which I spent with my girls and we went to dinner in Covent Garden, along the way we met some great people; singing with a man to talking to these boys who literally made my night...too much banter! Anyway, onto the makeup...

    Complexion
    As I anticipated, it was a long night, and I needed my makeup to stay put, therefore I used the Bourjois Happy Light Illuminating Primer and then I used my favourite foundation, the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat. This is a pretty foundation with low but very buildable coverage. To prevent my foundation from going anywhere, I powdered with the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder which is great for my skin tone as it doesn't make it dull or fake looking. What's a night out makeup look without a highlight, I used the Bourjois Java Powder to highlight the top of my cheeks.
    Eyes
    Since my makeup normally revolves around my eyes, I thought I'd switch it up a bit and do a relatively subtle smokey eye using two shades of gold and a nice dark brown, blended in. To tie it all in I used the Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Liner for the infamous cat eye. Of course, I applied lots of mascara, using a total of three; Rimmel Glam eyes and Rimmel Lycra Flex Scandaleyes for the top and Benefit They're Real for the bottom lashes. To give some more depth to my bottom lashes I also used the Rimmel Eye Kohl liner. To highlight the inner corner and brow bone, I used the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter to give an extra glow.
    Lips
    As I previously mentioned, this look mainly revolved around my lips, which is becoming more apparent. Having such a dark and bold shade, I obviously needed a lip liner and for that I used MUA Lip Liner in 'Brooding Plum' and then for the lips, I used a vampy, purple/red shade from MAC in Diva'

    Whould you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx