• 15.12.13

    Impromptu Beauty Haul

    Most of the time, I go into boots or Superdrug and only pick up a few things, however recently I've been undertaking numerous exams and as it was coming to the end of them and my friend has gone to Australia for a weeks and so we went on an impromptu mini makeup shop. I've now come to the conclusion that when you spend on different cards and in different shops, controlling the amount to spend just goes out of the window.

    When in boots, I passed the Essie stand to have a look at some Revlon products, when the prettiest duo caught my eye in the name of 'Twinkle Twinkles Little Star' and I didn't even bother justifying my decision because it looked too gorgeous to leave on the shelf. As I was in a nail polish phase and since I recently found out that there were some more shades released for the Maybelline Colour Show range and since I was on the hunt for a nice Christmassy red, DownTown red seemed like a good'en, it was also in 3for2 and had some money off. Unfortunately, it's very rare that I can't get foundations from the drugstore/high street as their shades are rather fair, which is irritating, however I knew I wanted to try something from the new Bourjois Happy Light collection and I heard good things about their primer, and so I picked up the Illuminating primer, which is ideal for normal to dry skin.

    In my series about hype, I stated that I didn't understand why so many people love the Maybelline the ‘Falsies’ mascara, with the 3for2 offer, I decided I'd give it another go and see if my opinion could be swayed. On the subjection of hype, the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, continuously gets hype and so I spontaneously picked it up, no questions asked. I’ve come to the conclusion that this year, has been a year of discovery because I've started wearing types of makeup, that I probably wouldn't have considered, one being blusher; seeing as I don't own many blushers, I thought now would be a good time to start investing in some, since I've heard nothing but great things about the Sleek blushes I thought I'd give it a whirl and I lucked up a very autumnal shade in ‘Pomegranate’.

    Ever so recently, Bourjois also launched some pretty cream eye shadows and since I'm a firm lover of cream eye shadows, I thought I'd pick one up in the shade Petale De Glacé which is a pretty champagne shade, which is now my new favourite highlight. The Bourjois eyeshadows are a cream to powder texture and I can already tell I'm going to pick up some more shades. The Maybelline Color Tattoos will always remain a staple in my makeup collection, as they are just so pretty and wearable shadows that don't crease. For a while now I've tried to get my hands on the berry shade called ‘Metallic Pomegranate’ for this season and I'm so happy I've finally got it after searching high and low for it.

    Are there any products you would recommend? 

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Lovely little haul, I must get my hands on the Essie duo the shades look gorgeous! I love the maybelline polishes I highly recommend the knitted gold shade it's a lovely rose gold polish! :D x

      http://subjectbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you and I'll definitely put that in my basket, the next time I'm in Boots/Superdrug x

        Delete
    2. Thank you and I still have no guilt about what I bought haha and we'll see how these go and hopefully there will be some reviews up, already have some edits in mind! x

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx