• 2.2.14

    MONTHLY FAVOURITES | JANUARY

    So 2014 is well underway, and oddly for me, I haven't bought that much this month, so it's been one of those times when I shop my stash and use what I have rather than buy buy buy, which actually served me well as it meant that I got to rediscover products that I haven't used in a while and I got to rekindle my love for them which is always a bonus as I can then use them up until I get bored of them or find something new again.

    Bourjois Cream Eyeshadow in Petale De Glace | £6.99
    Since purchasing this product in mid december, I've not stopped wearing it since. I love the pretty champagne glow that it gives. Being a cream product, it has a lovely buttery texture to it which is lovely to apply to the cheek bones, inner corner and brow bone, leaving a pretty and natural finish. The only downside to this product is it sets quickly and so you have to work fast with it.
    Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me | £2.99
    I bought this product when I was going through my lip balm phase as it was the transition of summer to autumn and I was in a little panic. This is currently my go-to lip product as it is lovely and moisturising on the lips however it also has a nice red/pink tint to it as well which gives you naturally looking flushed pink lips. When I continue to apply this throughout the day, a build up of product increases the brightness of the pigmentation.
    Revlon Beyond Natural in Deep (alternative) | £8.99
    Since finding my foundation fix, I've been obsessed with this product. Alone, it's more of a tinted moisturiser that adapts to the shade of your skin tone. From the tube, it's a clay like shade however there are balls of pigment which burst when it's been blended in properly. This foundation provides a lovely natural finish to the face. The coverage is most definitely that of a light coverage.
    Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy | £46.50
    When I received this for Christmas, I was so excited as I wanted it for about two years, however I just never got round to purchasing it. I've been wearing this ever since. If someone were to write down the descriptions of this scent, I probably wouldn't go anywhere near it because it's very sweet and I normally go for mature, floral or musky scents, however even though it's a sweet smelling perfume, there's a hint of muskiness in which counteracts some of the sweet scent.
    Burt's Bees Eye Cream* | £10.99
    Prior to this, I had never tried an eye cream, as I'm young and didn't really see any need for it, however I thought I'd give this a go and I was pleasantly surprised. I applied this just before I went to bed and when I woke up, my eyes felt nice and hydrated. The consistency isn't too heavy and I didn't need to rub it in too much which was a positive as it reduces the chance of getting premature wrinkles.
    Real Techniques Expert Face Brush | £9.99
    I''m an avid Real Techniques lover and I bought the expert face brush having read many reviews, I originally bought this for me to use on my birthday and I've not stopped using this since. I have the buffing brush and this is completely different. I like how dense the brush is and the fact that it's really soft on the face and blends in my foundation flawlessly as well as being suitable for focusing around the nose and for concealer too.
    Sleek Blush in Pomegranate | £4.99
    I've been wearing blush a lot more recently, and the majority of the time, it's this blush from sleek; I love the shade as it's perfect for this time of year. The colour pay off is amazing as this blush is very pigmented, however easy to blend too. This shade in particular gives a nice pinch of pink to the cheeks. The packaging is lovely too, so sleek (as the name would suggest) and compact, so great for putting in your makeup bag.
    Burt's Bees Hand Cream* | £8.99
    When I first tried out this hand cream, I didn't automatically gravitate towards it as the scent was a little off putting, however when that bypassed, I started to like this product as it keeps my hands hydrated and moisturised for a long period of time and it has a nice and rich consistency.

    What have you been enjoying this month?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    RELATED POSTS

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Pomegranate is such a lovely blush colour - really want to try it! I agree with so many products on this post! I love the babylips in Cherry Me :) Xx

      thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you & the blush is definitely worth it! x

        Delete
    2. ooh interested in the cream highlight x

      pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's lovely. It's supposed to be an eyeshadow, but looks so pretty for highlighting x

        Delete
    3. I love the juicy scent I find it really mature and lovely x

      www.healthyyetbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree, it's definitely gone straight to the top of my favourite scents x

        Delete
    4. Fantastic post! I love the detail you went into with each product, a great introduction to some new ones ^_^
      The cream shadow looks so pretty! I've also not been spending this month (on a massive ban actually..) and shopping the stash is such a great feeling, like using the things you've spent hard earned money on feels so liberating! haha
      Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
      xxx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, I'm pleased you like it!
        It's good to shop your stash every once in a while! x

        Delete
    5. Viva la Juicy is the best!! It's one of those scents that people always rave about when you wear it - my bottle is running a little low as a matter of fact and I'll definitely be investing in more!

      xo Elle

      https://itsaromanthing.wordpress.com/

      ReplyDelete
    6. So nice! I love all of it!
      I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin! Hope you'll follow me back! ♥

      xx
      Nathalie

      http://www.nathalie-kemna.nl

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx