• 28.2.14

    MONTHLY FAVOURITES | FEBRUARY

    So, onto another monthly favourites, I've found that when writing these, I have become more aware of how quickly time passes as I can remember writing my first monthly favourites back in September last year. It's so daunting for me as I'm continuously aware of how quickly my exams are approaching as I'm ridiculously scared and unprepared (any tips?). Anyway onto this months favourites; I started trying out some new makeup and products at the end of January and I've been using some of the newbies non-stop!

    Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray | £3.05 
    I'm one of those people who sometimes likes to leave painting my nails till the last minute, either an hour before I need I leave or the night before and in all honesty, neither method ever turns out well. So I recently bought the Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray which has worked a treat! I can now paint my nails before I go out, knowing they'll be dry in 5 mins. It also leaves a lovely and glossy finish too and doesn't leave darker shades looking dull. It's definitely something I'll continue to repurchase.

    Essie 'Set in Stones' Nail Polish | £7.99
    I bought this at Christmas time in a winter duo and I've recently rekindled my love for it again. On an average week day, I wear natural shades as applying this to on top as it adds a touch of sparkle and makes it a lot less boring. I was surprised I liked this as I'm not normally one for glitter polishes, however this ain't your standard glitter polish.

    More often than not, I'm in a rush in the mornings and I've found that the Vaseline Spray and Go works a treat as it doesn't take a lengthy amount of time to rub into the skin which nicely reduces the amount of time it takes to get ready, has a lovely fresh scent and it keeps my skin moisturised for the entire day.

    I recently bought the sleek face form kit and I've not stopped using it since, to be honest, I only really use the contour as it's greatly pigmented and blends in well, I do use the shimmery shades as a substitute for a blusher as it gives a lovely and bronzed glow.

    Illamasqua Concealer | £13.00 | Review Coming Soon
    I bought this concealer on a whim as I was coming near to the end of my trustee L'Oreal True Match Concealer. At first I had a few problems with it but now I absolutely love it. The coverage and pigmentation is great and it doesn't appear to crease under the eye either which is customary for a concealer in my opinion.

    I've been loving this ever since I got it, I love how light coverage it is so it's perfect to use on an everyday basis if you're at school, college or uni. It has a built in primer already so you save time applying it in the mornings and means that it doesn't wear off during the day. It has a nice buildable coverage which nicely conceals any problematic areas.

    I absolutely love my fragrances and for some reason I've been gravitating towards the Ted Baker Extraordinary fragrance for men which works really well for me as I often have long days and as the day goes on, this fragrance continues to linger so you can still smell the fragrance in the late afternoon. Being a men's fragrance, it's a very musky but has some element of sweetness to it. It great as an everyday scent.

    The transition of Winter to Spring has not been a great one, my lips became so chapped it was painful. I do not know what I would have done if it wasn't for the Burt's Bees lip treatment. But thanks to this product and a great deal of lip balms, my chapped lips days are over (for now) it has such a glossy but moisturising formula. I didn't wear it out because I got that unattractive white line on my lips however it was on my beside table every evening and I used it before I went to bed.

    What have you been enjoying this month?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx