• 15.1.18

    LITTLE LUXURY HAUL & 2018 WISHLIST

    Over the past few years particularly, I’ve really been into luxury items and purchasing items of better quality, rather than going out, doing a huge shop of affordable items that are probably not going to last half as long. My mum’s always taught me, buy cheap, buy twice. I’m by no means an expert when it comes to purchasing high-end items, but I’ve bought my fair share of them and I plan on continuing to do so for as along as I am able to. It’s nice knowing that you’ve saved up your hard earned money to buy something that you really want. There have been many times when I’ve been in shops like Zara, and seen a bag that vaguely resembles a high end bag that I want, at a much more affordable price but it takes every fiber of my being to leave it on the shelf so that I’m that one step closer to getting the bag that I really want.

    NEW IN MY CLOSET


    MULBERRY DARLEY SMALL GRAIN CLUTCH  - I was looking for a nice wallet on chain style bag and looked at various different designers from Chanel, to YSL, Gucci and Louis Vuitton, which is a designer I naturally gravitate towards. With each one there was something that didn’t quite fit the bill – with the Chanel WOC, it was a very small bag for a hefty price and I just wasn’t a fan of the styles of the Gucci and YSL bags. I remembered that Mulberry was a brand that I was contemplating when I was on the hunt for a new purse and lone behold, I found a style that I really like. The Mulberry Darley Small Grain Clutch is a wallet on chain style bag in a practical size yet it’s still a nice and small crossbody bag. I chose the bag in the ‘bright orange’ colour because I don’t have any other bags in such a colour and because of its petite size, I feel like I can get away with a more out there color.

    RALPH LAUREN LONG SLEEVE CREW NECK - When it comes to basics, I really like Ralph Lauren. I already own one of their long sleeve crew neck tops in white and I love how much thicker it is than my other crew neck tops from shops like Primark and I love how I can wear this on its own in the milder months with a faux fur gilet. My mum has the same top in black and I was constantly borrowing (or stealing) hers, so I though it was about time that I finally bought one of my own.

    GUCCI KEY HOLDER - I wasn’t really on the hunt for a new key holder but when I saw the state of my old Michael Kors one that I had for over three years I knew it was time I got a new one. When I was in the Gucci store, I saw a couple key holders in this style, one was in a lovely muted pink and another was in a bright orange (which as you can see, I’m going through a little phase of loving at the moment). However I could just see that the pink would get dirty easily and the orange didn’t have the GG embossed leather.


    LUXURY WIHSLIST FOR 2018

    There’s always something that I from Louis Vuitton and a handbag that I’ve wanted for a while now is the Louis Vuitton Neverfull in the monogram canvas as it’s a great casual bag that would not only be great with everyday outfits, but would also make for a great bag to use when travelling. I’m a little torn between the MM and the GM size because the MM is useful for everyday, but the GM would be perfect for travelling (as well as in the future when I have children). Another bag on my wishlist is the Saint Laurent Sac De Jour in the black-grained leather, with silver hardware in the small size. It’s a nice structured bag and is the bag that is currently on the top of my bag wishlist. I don’t currently have a handbag in this style and it’s own of those classic and understated handbags that will still be in style in many years to come and the grained leather should help it stay looking fresh. A bag that is new to my wishlist is the Givenchy Antigona in the small size. It's another good size for everyday and would also make a nice evening bag. I never really wanted this bag, however more recently, I've been seeing more of the smaller size and seeing different ways it can be styled. I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to get this bag though because I would really like the Sac De Jour and I don't need two small black bags (at the moment). The final bag is another one that has only recently made it's way onto my wishlist and that is the Balenciaga City Bag in the small size and grey suede. It's not like anything I've ever had and you can wear it top handle or cross body and the grey suede is a lovely combination.

    Card holders are one of those items that get a lot of use and can show signs of wear relatively quickly and although I already have a YSL card holder, I would love to get the  classic Chanel Card Holder. In terms of Chanel, it's actually quite affordable and although I don't really use card holders that much anymore, it's always great to have one, for those occasions when you're using a smaller bag or if you just want to be minimal and downsize, rather than using a big purse.

    I really like the idea of accessorizing my bags and the Dior Mitzah Scarf seems like a perfect fit. You can use this small scarf in multiple ways, whether it’s twirled around the handle of your handbag, tied into a bow, worn around your wrist or worn around your neck. There are some lovely colourways and patterns available and it really helps to personalize your handbag. Onto a pair of shoes I’ve been lusting after the Gucci Princetown Slippers for absolutely ages. At first I was a little unsure about them, however having seen how they’ve been styled and incorporated into outfits, I really need a pair! I love the classic black with the fur, but the slippers without fur have some amazing designs and patterns. I would also like the Gucci Marmont GG Belt, as it would look really nice with the loafers, but also would look great as a statement belt for a really basic outfit. I don’t have an list of sunglasses that I’d like, but the Rayban Black Aviators in the largest frame are a pair that I’ve had my eyes on for a while now. I have an all black pair of aviators from Primark, and I love how they look on, however I would like an all black pair of better quality that will stand the test of time.

    Jo Malone is my absolute favourite brand when it comes to fragrances and despite the many fragrances that I own from Jo Malone, I've never tried any of their diffusers. Lime Basil & Mandarin is one of my favourite scents and I would love to get one of the Jo Malone Diffusers as I have white walls and candles just tend to not mix well with white walls, so at least my room can emulate Lime Basil & Mandarin!

    Have you picked up anything lately? What’s on your ultimate luxury wishlist?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx