• 5.12.16

    AW16 WISHLIST

    When it comes to seasonal picks, Autumn/Winter are definitely my favourite. I love layering chunky knits and scarves as well as the stunning autumnal colours with all the burgundy’s and navy’s.  Whenever we enter a new season, there are always a few essentials that I feel like I need (or want) to get me through the season and this season is no different!

    Parka Jacket - This is one of those items that I always have to have in my wardrobe, and I already have one, but it’s a few years old now and I think it’s time for a new one with some new thicker and fuller (faux) fur. Parka jackets are absolute classics and despite the usual khaki colour, it goes with pretty much everything, as it is still relatively neutral.

    Over the Knee Boots - I am all about this trend! I love how versatile and classic a pair of OTK boots are. You can wear them tucked into a pair of skinny jeans, or on the colder days with a pair of tights and a nice knitted dress. There is also more variety for bigger thighs/calves too, which I touched upon in this post, here!

    Oversized Scarf - You can never go wrong with an oversized scarf, especially if you live somewhere cold like London. An oversized chunky knit is also a really easy way to inject a bit of colour into a relatively dull/bland outfit. I personally love the idea of popping a bit of a dark yellow/mustard into an all black/grey outfit.

    Ankle Boots - I constantly feel like I’m fighting a losing battle when it comes to ankle boots. For the last few years, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect pair of ankle boots. Out of all the pairs I’ve purchased there’s always something wrong whether the heel height isn’t right or it cuts at an odd point on my ankle – then they end up on my Depop (@charlottexmas). I think I’ve found the perfect pair from Acne though, so I might end up having to get a pair of those!

    Vans Old Skool - I’ve been living in my black/white Old Skool vans, wearing them to work, uni and on holiday. They’re so comfy, yet classic at the same time and seem to compliment, rather than accentuate my rather wide feet. I’m obsessed with them so much that I’m already looking at other colours to get I’m thinking of copying Hannah Crosskey and getting the white/black leather pair!

    Khaki Jeans - I’ve never really thought much about khaki jeans, until I saw the perfect pair in Zara the other day, which were skinny and frayed at the ankles. Khaki is another subtle and easy way to wear a hint of colour without going overboard, especially if everything else is all black/white.

    Bucket Bag - This is one of those things that aren’t for everyone, but I seem to have fallen onto the bucket-bag-bandwagon. My absolute favourite is the Louis Vuitton Noé bag, however the Neverfull is on my list first. There are some great alternatives on the high street, but these just look so effortless and a perfect everyday size to use everyday to just house the necessities and a few extras!

    Puffa Jacket - This is something that I’ve wanted for quite a while now and I’ve just purchased my puffa jacket from Adidas for this season. I initially thought it was too thin, but it’s actually the perfect thickness and so I’m happy I’ve finally got it as I’ve not stopped wearing it since! It’s nice to be able to just throw it on and have it look nice and on trend, as well as serving a function and keeping you warm.

    What are you eyeing up this A/W?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I love the over the knee boots, I am a size 14 but have wider calves so struggle to find ones that fit right, will check out your post.

      EmmysBeautyCave | Blog Header Designs | GIVEAWAY Win ABH & More

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Wide calves are my nemesis! But recently I've found it a lot easier to find boots for them x

        Delete
    2. I love over the knee boots and the bucket bag is probably one of my favourite types of bag, it's cute and they can always fit so much stuff

      http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx