• 18.5.16

    BREAKING INTO THE BOLDS

    When it comes to makeup, one of the things that many people struggle with is breaking into the bolds. The bolds are the makeup that is a little more out there and eye catching. I personally love bold makeup, whether it be a bold lip or a smokey eye. Bold makeup mainly tends to get whipped out in the colder months, however I love to have bold aspects to my makeup for nights out or special occasions!

    EYES 
    The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate is a beautiful berry cream eyeshadow and it works really well as a base for any additional eyeshadow. Although it's a berry colour, it's a nice way of incorporating colour into a relatively neutral eye. The Japonesque Brown Eye Liner is another way that you can create a bolder eye as you can obviously pop the liner on the waterline and tightline and I personally find that it's a nice way to tie together any eye look! With regards to eyeshadow palettes, I really like using the Sleek Storm Palette for a range of bold eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are all really pigmented and it has a range of blues, reds and deep shades that are all really easy to use.

    LIPS
    As aforementioned, I love using lipstick when I want a really bold makeup look. The Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga is absolutely stunning! It's a really deep vampy purple lipstick and even though it's matte, it remains somewhat creamy on the lips. For a more toned down lip, Charlotte Tilbury's Glastonbury lipstick is still purple, but less dark. This too is moisturising and although it's a matte lipstick, has a bit of a sheen to it. A lipstick that a lot of people with a variety of skin tones love is Diva by MAC. This is a deep reddy, purply lipstick which is solely matte! For a liquid lipstick the Rimmel Apocalips in Meteoric Matte is one of the darker shades from the collection and it's a pinky purple lipstick and it's perfect for nights out as it lasts for such a long time!

    FACE
    I'm not into bold base makeup and highlighting and contouring is as bold as it gets with me when it comes to the face. If you are one of those people who do like strong face products, then this one's for you! The Estee Lauder Pure Colour Blush in Naughty Satin  is without a doubt, the most pigmented blush I own! It's such a bright, orangey red blusher! My next pick is one that I am all about! The MAC Gold Deposit is a stunning highlighter, especially if you have a darker skin tone. It's a more orangey golden highlighter and it's so strong and pigmented! If you're an avid reader of my blog, you'll know that for the past couple of years, the Sleek Face Form  has been my jam! It's such a great contour, it's more cool toned so imitated the appearance of a shadow but it's also entirely matte with no hint of shimmer or glitter!

    How do you break into the bolds?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I love dark lips! And smokey eyes, I think they can be worn all year long =)

      xoRosie //Rosie's Life

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx