• 30.3.15

    MARCH FAVOURITES

    It’s actually quite scary how fast the months are going by and writing monthly favourites, definitely makes you aware of it; it also means that exams are creeping up too...eek! I am excited for the impending warmer weather! Onto the actual favourites! March has been a pretty good month with regards to monthly favourites; I’ve discovered an array of fantastic new products, which have consequently made their way to this post!
    I’ve loved quite a fair bit when it comes to the face department, to the point where I’ve included two foundations in this post! The first is the MAC Face & Body foundation; I have the shade C6 that is a shade too light, as they’ve discontinued my actual shade (C7). Despite this, I have found a way of still using it and getting the best out of it. I love mixing it with other foundations, to create a combination that’s more lighter coverage and lighter on the skin too. The second foundation is the L’Oreal True Match foundation, which I actually use for an everyday contour. I find that using a foundation not only keeps the natural aspect of the look, however it also gives more coverage (especially since its one of my problem areas when it comes to scarring).
    Keeping on the subject of bases, the MAC Mineralise SkinFinish in Dark Golden has become my latest obsession since my trustee Rimmel powder cracked on me. I love how it still has a hint of shimmer in it, therefore allowing for a nice and natural glow all over the skin. The final product is the Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow Blush in Euphoria. This is such a perfect everyday shade as it’s a somewhat dark, muted peachy colour. Its one of those blushes that can go with any makeup look as it’s very toned down and gives a natural flush without looking too overpowering.
    Moving onto eyes, I haven’t really been reaching for many eyeshadows, however when I have it’s been Bronze by MAC. It’s a very natural, easy to wear shade, perfect for both everyday and on a night out. It’s so easy to use and wear, especially when paired with brown kohl eyeliner to give more depth to the upper lash line and with lashings of mascara. The mascara that I’ve thoroughly been enjoying this month has been the Givenchy Phenomen Waterproof mascara. It’s an odd shaped wand, consisting of a 360 degree spiked ball, however it just gives such voluminous lashes. On most days, I haven’t really been reaching for anything other than the Maybelline Brow Drama, however when I have wanted to fill them in, I’ve been using the Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel in Strike. It’s a mousse type product that great for achieving a strong, yet natural brow as it nicely fills in any sparse areas.
    March was the month, I finally purchased the SensatioNail Gel Kit and I must admit, I’m pretty smitten with it. I’m that sort of person who more or less always has to have their nails done, however I don’t always have the time do them, so this kit has allowed me to go a couple weeks without having to make time to paint my nails! I’ve been doing a gel manicure sandwich (using the gel base and top coat with a normal nail polish) and I’ve been obsessed with the Barry M Gel Nail Paint in Coconut as it’s a tad less harsher than white, yet still looks nice and springy!
    What have you been loving recently?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx