• 4.1.15

    2014 FAVOURITES | BEAUTY, BLOGGERS & VLOGGERS

    It’s that time of the year again where I round up my favourites of the year! Warning, this is lengthy post so you may want to grab yourself a cup of tea and a snack! P.S Not everything has an in depth review, so if there’s anything you see and would like reviewed, leave a comment!
    Makeup
    This year, there’s been one standout primer that I’ve been using constantly and on so many different occasions which is the Maybelline Pore Eraser primer (review) and I absolutely love it, it’s comparable to the Benefit Primer, but in all honesty, I prefer the Maybelline one! With regards to the foundations, the ByTerry Cover Expert is one of two favourite foundations from 2014! When I first bought this product, I was reading reviews about it and I read “expensive but worth it” which I now know was no lie. It’s a nice mix between matte and dewy and covers imperfections extremely well. It lasts well on the face and doesn’t at all look cakey, but instead looks nice and natural. The other foundation I’ve been loving in 2014 is the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation (review) and its just a natural and easy to wear foundation! I’ve only had one concealer that took over concealers for me that was the Maybelline Fit Me concealer as it doesn’t crease under the eyes and also covers blemishes extremely well!
    My go-to blusher this year has been Let Her Go by Topshop (review) as it’s so easy to wear and goes well with so many different makeup looks and shades. The only contour product that I’ve been using at all this year has been the Sleek Face Form Kit (review), which is key for nicely chiseled cheekbones. Highlighter has been my forte throughout 2014 and the No7 Skin Illuminator has been my favourite highlighter as it gives a really natural look due to the fact that it’s a liquid highlighter and catches the light beautifully.
    The Soap & Glory Brow Archery has been the best eyebrow product of the year for me, despite only discovering it in the later months of the year! Its applicator is so small and dinky which makes for more precision and a more natural look! It’s not too waxy and the shade hot chocolate is a great shade for my brow! To set this I’ve absolutely loved using the Maybelline Brow Dramaeyebrow set for the majority of the year, to the point where I have literally binned my other brow sets. This one slightly tints and really sets the brows so that they don’t move throughout the entire day. This product is so affordable, which makes it so much better!
    The only liner I’ve used this year has been the Collection Felt Tip Liner, it’s great for a clean winged eye and its super pigmented. The felt tip applicator isn’t too thin or thick either so you can determine how thick your liner is. For mascara, the Maybelline the Rocket mascara has been my fave as it’s great for both volumising and lengthening the appearance of my lashes!
    When it comes to lip balms, I’ve been loving Nuxe Reve De Miel (review) it’s so hydrating on the lips and because it has a matte finish, is great under matte lipsticks. Another lip balm I’ve enjoyed using is the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me which I’ve loved because it’s a tinted lip balm so works so well on a day-to-day basis because it nicely tints and hydrates the lips without being too pigmented and worrying about topping it up.
    The ultimate lipstick of 2014 for me has got to be Diva by MAC (review), which is a deep vampy shade, which looks great on so many different skin tones! The Rimmel Apocalips are another lip product that has been a hit with me, the original in Eclipse was a firm favourite and in addition to that Meteoric Matte (review) from the Matte Velvet collection. They’re both so quick, easy and fuss free with a longwearing formula.
    Tools
    With regards to tools, I’ve been all over the Tweezerman tweezer as they’re so sharp and make it so much easier to get those pesky little brow hairs and in general makes plucking my eyebrows so much quicker and easier to tame! On the subject of brow hairs, the Daniel Sandler Brow Groomer makes filling in my eyebrows so much easier as it’s not a shoddy inadequate wand and nicely puts my brows in one direction prior to filling them in.
    Nail Polish
    Essie nail polishes have been an absolute favourite of mine this year and my collection has grown from a petite three nail polishes to around 15. However I’ve been using two colours in particular from Essie this year, the first being Bobbing for Baubles which is a deep navy which looks very nice and sophisticated and the second being Luxedo (review), which happened to be my prom nail colour. I love Essie nail polishes in general as they have an amazingly glossy formula and most are nice and opaque and make it so easy to paint your nails with precision due to the wide wand.
    Burgundy Kiss from the Maybelline Colour Show collection has been another nail polish favourite of mine I’ve used this nail polish so much throughout the year that I’ve actually repurchased it which is a very rare occurrence as I don’t think I’ve ever repurchased a nail polish other than black. Burgundy Kiss is a lovely deep brown/reddy colour.
    Skincare
    I had some really important exams this year, which exhausted me nonetheless. The only thing that kept me going was the Caudalie Beauty Elixir (review) as it really refreshed and prevented me from falling asleep! In 2014, I opened my last face mask in a sachet and decided to buy a face mask in a tube and the Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask is a quick three minute mask which is in a cream form and great for sensitive skin, which I happen to have. I’ve been wearing more makeup this year than ever before and I’ve tried and tested many different ways of quickly and efficiently removing my makeup. I’ve really taken to Micellar waters such as Bioderma and L’Orealas they quickly remove makeup really well before cleansing at night.
    Fragrance
    My go-to fragrance this year has been Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, which is more of a sweet yet musky fragrance and I spray this on the days when I don’t know what I want to wear! On the days when I want something more light and floral, I love Jo Malone’s Peony & Blush Suede, which is more subtle and sophisticated.
    Bloggers & Vloggers
    Lipstick With Some Sunshine – A beauty and fashion blog by Tamira
    A Fashion Fix – A fashion and lifestyle blog by Hannah
    Hannnah Maggs – A vlog channel by Hannah, her husband Stef and their cute baby Grayson
    Latoya’s Life – A vlog channel by Latoya with her amazing family and friends featuring a lot of drama!
    Saccone Jolys – A vlog channel by Jonathon with his wife Anna and their amazing children Emilia and Eduardo (A.K.A Ardo!)
    So there you have it, a crazy long annual favourites! What have you been loving this year?!

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx