• 1.4.17

    HOW TO PREP FOR A PRODUCTIVE WEEK

    Up until a few years ago, I was probably the most organised person you could ever meet. I made a vow to myself that 2017 would be the year that I get my shit together and become that highly organised person, I once was. I have a lot of projects and obligations, most of which have strict deadlines that I need to meet. With that being said, I spend a lot of my weekends and free time prepping for the week ahead as “a Sunday well spent brings a week of content” and I just feel that my week runs smoothly when I dedicate some time on the weekend to get ready for the following week.

    1 | LIST MAIN TASKS FOR THE WEEK
    Making a list of all the tasks for the week ahead really helps the week move smoothly. I always have a weekly to do list, as there are some tasks that don’t need to be done on a specific day, yet need to be completed that week; for example a wardrobe clear-out. I then have daily lists, which usually has a task or two from the weekly list and tasks that need to get done on a particular day. Having said that, if you’re someone who gets bogged down and put off with a list with 20 items, then have the 5 most important tasks. For someone like me who needs to list everything (before I forget them) I like having a heavy to do list – not to mention the satisfaction of ticking off tasks that have been completed!

    2 | DO YOUR LAUNDRY
    There’s not a lot better than having all your laundry and washing – washed, dried, ironed and put back in your wardrobe. I love having all my clothes in my wardrobe for the week ahead as I hate when I’ve thought of a particular outfit, then when I go to put it on, realised that one of the pieces that I needed for it is in the laundry basket or has creases all over it and then you have to think of a plan B. On top of that, no one wants a pile of washing constantly building up.

    3 | CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES
    I love starting off a new week with a load of nice clean brushes. I (like many others) don’t have time to be washing my brushes after I use them every morning, so I tend to one mammoth clean once a week on a Sunday evening so there’s enough time for them to dry before I need them again the next day.

    4 | CHOOSE YOUR CLOTHES FOR THE WEEK
    Choosing your outfits for the week may seem like a long task, but you would be surprised at how much time it saves in the mornings. A while back I went through a horrible phase of hating my outfits – it also happened to be when I had a brief break from pre-planning my outfits. Then when I started planning them again I felt like me again. It’s so easy to choose your outfits and then put them on a hanger in your wardrobe ready for the week. Try this and I swear you’ll thank me later!

    5 | PACK YOUR BAG THE NIGHT BEFORE
    This is something that I was taught from a young age and for the most part, I do follow this rule as it’s so much easier to quickly pick up my bag before I head out the door, knowing that everything I need is in there. On the odd occasion that I forget to do this, I hugely regret it as the clock will be ticking and I still have one hundred and one things to do before I head out the door. Packing your bag the night before just helps to prevent you from being late.

    6 | TIDY YOUR SPACE
    Every Sunday evening I tidy my bedroom and change my bedding etc. I find that having an untidy, cluttered space also clutters my mind and it’s difficult (if not impossible) for me to work and operate in an untidy environment. I tend to tidy up as I go along, so it’s not a long and mundane task for a Sunday evening whilst watching TOWIE. – Tidy Space, Tidy Mind.

    How do you prep for a productive week?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx