• 10.8.17

    THE BEAUTY & STYLE EDIT: MAY - JULY

    I’ve been very quiet on the blogging front over the past couple of months and it’s kind of been pretty similar when it comes to beauty and style. I’ve probably been the worst blogger as I haven’t really been trying out many products and since I have been working full time, I’ve pretty much just been wearing an entire black ensemble (occasionally with a bright biker jacket for a pop of colour).  I’m really happy to be blogging again and I cannot wait to get trying and reviewing products again as it’s been far too long!

    | B E A U T Y

    The H&M Face Mask Spatula is an item that I picked up on my latest holiday to Tenerife and it has been an absolute godsend! In the past, I have absolutely hated applying face masks with my fingers, as it’s a complete and utter mess, particularly when you have long nails. Ever since getting this Spatula, it has made applying not only face masks, but also Sudocrem a lot easier to apply whilst giving a precise application. It’s definitely one of those novelty items, but one that I actually really like.


    I’ve made many spontaneous purchases over the years, however the Jo Malone Vitamin E Lip Conditioner is probably, the latest one. In all honesty, I’ve never spent so much on what is essentially a glorified lip balm, but there’s something about this one that I just can’t get enough of. There are so many lip balms that leave that annoying white line on your lips and this one has never done that – touch wood. It lasts so long, even when I eat and drink and of course, it keeps my lips and nice, hydrated and chap-free and has replaced a lipstick and become my everyday lip product.

    When it comes to mascaras, I can be quite fussy in the sense that I know what I like and expect from a mascara. My newest favourite is the Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara, which does everything I personally like in a mascara. It’ lengthens and gives a little bit, but not too much volume to the lashes, making it a perfect everyday mascara. My lashes are somewhat curly, but short, however it even makes mine look pretty good (if I do say so myself, which I do) and when paired with the L’Oreal Telescopic mascara, makes for a great combination!

    Recently, I have somewhat ditched the brow pencils, and gone back to a good old powder. The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit is a product that I used years ago, and over the past few months, I’ve gone back to it and I remember why I loved it so much. My brows have been in dyer need of a good threading session and brow pencil require too much work to try and rectify such a mess. I’ve found that using a powder for my brows, not only give them a more natural and lighter look, but it takes next to not time to fill them in and then with a bit (or a lot) of concealer, my brows look a heck of a lot better!



    My tried and true moisturiser for dry and dehydrated skin is the E45 cream, however there is sometimes a period of time when I don’t need such a heavy-duty moisturiser, particularly in the evenings. During times like this, I like to use the L’Oreal Hydra Genius, which is still a hydrating product, which contains one of my favourite skincare ingredients – aloe vera and due to it having a gel-like formula; it’s nice and light on the skin.

    S H O P   T H E   E D I T

    | S T Y L E             

    My wardrobe hugely consists of black and white which I love as it’s classic and timeless, however I have been obsessed with the Misguided Biker Jacket in mustard as it adds a lovely pop of colour to any outfit and is a complete statement piece. I think this has been the perfect colour for this season and it really compliments darker skin or a nice tan.

    If there’s one top that I’ve been wearing a lot lately, it’s the Weekday Oversized White Shirt. I refer to it as my ‘painters shirt’ as I feel like an artist when I roll the sleeves up – making it the perfect hybrid of a casual take on a classic shirt. This has been a go-to outfit recently as I’ve wanted to get back into my old style of wearing more shirts and this shirt looks great with my Topshop Jamie jeans, mustard biker jacket and a pair of fresh white converses

    I was looking for the perfect pair of jeans for the longest time. I’m so particular about the wash and fit of my denim jeans and when I finally tried Topshop again after years of not wearing them, I fell in love with the ripped Topshop Jamie Jeans. They fit so nicely – tight on the ankle, but have a comfy stretch to them and are a nice mid-wash denim. The distressed accents to the jeans make it nice and distressed.

    For years, I have wanted a classic monogram Louis Vuitton purse and a couple months ago, I finally purchased one to commemorate getting a new job. I have loved using my Louis Vuitton Clemence Wallet in the safran (orange) interior/accents and the interior adds a lovely pop of colour to an otherwise classic purse. I like the change, moving from my Saint Laurent card holder to an actual purse as I tend to carry a lot of (unnecessary) things in my purse.

    Havaiana are my absolute favourite flip flop brand when it comes to flip-flops to the point where I have more pairs than I care to imagine. My latest pair is the Havaiana Black Slim Flip Flops and I’ve been wearing them non-stop – before, during and after my holiday. I know flip-flops aren’t the most practical in regards to footwear, but I’ve tried considerably cheaper pairs of flip-flops in the past and I literally feel like I’m walking on the ground they have so little support. Havaiana’s are comfortable and despite being a flip-flop, have more support than most.

    What have you been loving lately?

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I should totally get one of those spatulas, I HATE the feeling of masks in my hands, no idea why. I absolutely love the color of that jacket (hoodie?), it is gorgeous, even though it would look horrible on me. Maybe that's why I like it ;)

      I hope you don't get too tired with work! Have a great Friday tho!

      xo,Rosie // Curvy Life Stories

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx