• 12.6.17

    BE RIGHT BACK...

    ... Long time, no see. If you're an avid reader of my blog, then you will probably have noticed that I've gone a bit quiet on the blogging front - and to be honest, social media in general (except Snapchat, so add me @charlottexmas to see some uncut bits of my life) as there I have had a few realisations and just a change in circumstance.

    First things first, I've scrapped my YouTube upload day as well as my blogging schedule. Initially, I was posting every other day on my blog and once a week on my YouTube channel. Due to a particular lifestyle change, it got to a point where I was quickly thinking of an idea for a blog post just to get it up on time, so that I didn't miss a post, however the less carefully curated posts were quite frankly, sh*t and I just wasn't proud of every single post I uploaded. I've decided that I'm really going to live to the whole "quality over quantity" mantra and I'm only going to post as and when I'm genuinely happy to post something that's worth you taking time out of your day to read. I would still like to post at least a couple times a week, so my blog won't be disappearing off the face of the earth! With regards to my YouTube channel, I would like to post at least once a week, but who knows, it could be two, three or even four times a week and on the odd week there may not even be an upload. I know this isn't the best way to grow my blog and YT channel, however I only want to post wholesome content and this will hopefully take the pressure (that I've seem to put on myself) off having to stick to multiple deadlines!

    The lifestyle change that has recently happened is that...I've got a new job! Back in February this year, I left my part time job in market research that I had for two and a half years as I just wasn't happy and to tide me over, I worked part time at events which I've done for well over a year now and really enjoy. For some reason, I have a loooong summer - I'm talking from May to mid September (yep, four and a half months off) and my part time job just wasn't cutting it, so I really needed another job. Now, I'm not one for interviews, however it just so happened that the first interview I attended, ended up in me doing a trial shift and then getting the job. If I remember correctly, the position was for a part time post, which I initially wanted as it meant I could still go out with friends and do my blog and YT channel, however I ended up saying that I'd work full time which as you can imagine, doesn't leave much time to catch up on the blog front. I won't be ditching this blog anytime soon, but I just need some time to adjust from working a zero hour contract, to full time - and boy, it's an adjustment!

    Do you have any blog post/YouTube video suggestions?! 

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. Eeek congrats on the job front girl, I really hope it's doing something that you love!

      Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    2. Well done on the job, Charlotte! In regards to blog post suggestions, I think - with your substantial social media following - people would value your advice on growing your audience and working with advertisers, etc :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! & In all honesty, I'm definitely not the best person to seek advice from. It's been over four long years! x

        Delete
    3. Hope the job is going okay! I wondered why you had been so quiet! It's sooooo hard working full time and managing a blog and your socials. I can't do it and find it so hard to post when I work during summer. Maybe a post about how to manage a full time job and a blog would be useful, when you have more experience xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It is thank you! It's definitely a struggle, especially working unsociable hours because on my days off, all I want to do is watch Netflix and sleep! I'll definitely keep that in mind once I've gotten the hang of it! x

        Delete

    @charlottechristmasx