• 31.5.13

    Review // Sleek Storm Palette

     Hi Everyone! How are you all? I hope you've all had a fabulous week off if your on half term.  I've had a well needed relaxed week and am now I'm in bed, having a nice munch on some toast and blogging - perfect! Today I want to review the Sleek 'Storm' Palette. Now I've tried a couple of the MUA Palettes and was surprisingly impressed, so I had high hopes for the Sleek palette as it was double the price of the MUA Palettes and as so many people on YouTube have use and recommended it, I couldn't resist the temptation. In true beauty blogger style I popped into Superdrug after school and bought it without a second thought...the only hard thing was choosing which palette to purchase. 
    So, first things first - the packaging? If you know me you'll know by now that packaging is very important to me. If a product looks cheap, tacky or generally unattractive, the chances are I won't buy it. Gosh, that makes me sound like such a makeup snob but the way I see it is if I'm spending my hard earned cash, I want to buy something that looks nice. So, does this live up to my packaging standards you ask? It most certainly does! I absolutely love the large mirror and the fact it comes with a handy little applicator is a nice extra as some more expensive products don't which can be a little off putting. 

    Moving on to the actual eyeshadows itself, I am very impressed. To be honest, I don't wear bright or non-neutral colours all that often because I find that they don't always suit my skin tone or I don't really feel comfortable wearing it. However, this palette contains colourful yet subtle shades which are really easy to blend and work with, literally foolproof. The colours are hugely pigmented however, like I said, can be blended. I've also found that a little goes a very long way and with only one dab of the eyeshadow you could apply it to your whole eyelid...more or less. The reason I prefer this to the MUA palettes is because the range or colours are more subtle and wearable. 


    Overall I'm very impressed with this palette and would definitely repurchase (not that I'll need to for a while - this will last AGES!). I bought mine here from Superdrug for £7.99 and there's currently a 3 for 2 deal. BARGAIN!
    Have you seen my latest MUA palette review? If not click here.

    

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx